Thursday, December 4, 2014

Xero (Zero & Xiro) - Collected

Now, what do I remember about this band?  Well, they featured Irena Luckus, Lindy Morrison and Robert Forster (Go-Betweens) and John Willsteed (Go-Betweens and Halfway).  They supported The Cure when they played at The Festival Hall in Brisbane.  I thought they were very cool (and quirky) so I went out and got their Xiro cassettes ('Half The Profits' & 'Religious Wars') plus the 'Lust In The Dust' EP (as Xero).  Do you think you can find any of their stuff now?  No way.  No re-ish on ceedee or anything ('Lost in the Dust'!!!).  Criminal.  This will have to do then.

BTW: There is another release : 'Live At The Cement Box Theatre' - that's also included.

Download Everything



2 comments:

  1. I have 24 minutes of a fine circa 1985 performance by Xero (John Willsteed, Irena Luckus, Steven Pritchard and Tony Nolan on bass) possibly at Easts Leagues Club. (Hear as a 256kps stereo 44mb mp3 on my site at: http://queerradio.org/Xero_live_ca_1985_Tony_Nolan_bass_ex_cassette_x_JohnFrame.mp3 ) I wrote on my cassette back then that it was when my friend and housemate Tony Nolan (Outer Limits / Gone To China) was doing a stint on bass. John Advises that their first gig with Tony on bass was in '85 at Easts - so that's the most likely event for this. The band are in top form and the sound quality is very good. This was most likely recorded initially on Tony Nolan's AKAI reel to reel using my two Maruni condensor mics (I made a recording of Outer Limits early '85 with the same set up). Setlist: "Out The Window", "Behind The Chagall", "Just A Night At Another Party", "Every Kiddie Gets A Prize", "Love And Anarchy", "The Misfits", "Blue Lagoon", "3 Squared".

    ReplyDelete