Tuesday, March 14, 2023

The Scientists - 1982 (aka Live Sydney Uni, May 1982)

Cassette only release from 1982. It's official name seems to be '1982', though I have seen it referred to as 'Live Sydney Uni'. It's a great live album - but has never seen the light of day since. Some tracks have appeared on other releases: 'Rubber Never Sleeps' (originally, another cassette only release but now has been re-ished on a dubble LP) and 'Swampland (Birth of The Scientists)'. I think also a track or two appeared on the CD Box Set 'A Place Called Bad'. 

Either way, it's an absolute mystery to me as to why this has not been reissued. It's a killer cassette and deserves to be heard again. Some tracks have never been seen anywhere else ('Tiger Tiger', 'Monsters In The Back of my Mind', 'You'll Get Yours' and maybe 'In Time'). I'm happy with the transfer quality though you can occasionally hear that classic cassette 'fast/slow' whirring. Hey - cassettes die quickly - I was lucky to get this.

3 comments:

  1. Mr Wired apparently you are no longer a member of file share! Good to see this aspect of you back however..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew - had me worried there. Sorry, it's working now. All good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks from germany for this nice item !!

    ReplyDelete