Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Behind The Banana Curtain - Various (Collection of Brisbane Bands)

If you meet someone who knows nothing about music from Brisbane (Queensland, Australia) - then direct them to this double CD.  Comprehensive and absolutely essential it stretches from 1975 to 2000.  So many favourites on this collection that it's hard to pick one.  Red rag to a bull, I will pick one: Pineapples From The Dawn Of Time 'Too Much Acid'.  And then there's The Go-Betweens, Saints etc etc.  Not in print anymore and also hard to get at the time of release.  Just download and play in the car.

Download

4 comments:

  1. Wow, the memories of this man… I've got a number of these albums in self storage pods somewhere but to hear them all in one neat package, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rekon all the bands on the first disc are legends, but some of the choices for the second one are pretty shit. Well one in particular, since when was Powder finger a punk band. Fuk, their a fukn Caberet band ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powderfinger. It's an interesting one. Can't say I'm a fan but their first two albums ("Parables For a Wooden Ear" & "Lysergic Emenations") I did get into. "Internationalist" was a massive hit - yeh, I enjoyed it for what it was. Nothing after that except for the main guitarist ending up in the Church (Ian Haug) tickled my fancy.

    So, should it be on the comp? I'll do a yes on that one. Tho I get your sentiments.

    ReplyDelete