Thursday, July 25, 2013

Kiss My Poodles Donkey - New Hope For The Dead

Kiss my what?  Should this be on the Weird and Wacky blog?  Perhaps, but the truth of the matter is that this is a mighty album.  Big crunchy wired and wasted sound.  They were one of those Aussie punk bands that few seemed to know much about.  However (a little like the Velvet Underground) those that experienced 'The Donkey' were affected (should that read 'assaulted'?).  This was a CeeDee release but is not all that easy to find now.  Hopefully it will not be lost in time - it deserves to be heard at 11. 

Download Album

2 comments:

  1. I have this album on CD. I love the Donkey and attended many of their gigs back in the 90s! The percussionist was also in a band called 'Those Amazing Trousers'. I preferred KMPD though. Great band!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sure find some bands with crazy nonsense names@!!!

    ReplyDelete